The Architecture of Life: Please Endorse U.S. National Design Policy Initiative!

The Architecture of Life - Christopher K. Travis

Friday, January 23, 2009

Please Endorse U.S. National Design Policy Initiative!

Fellow designers and non-designers, I heartily urge you to read the 10 proposals of the U.S. National Design Policy, organized and advanced by a friend and colleague Dr. Elizabeth Tunstall, and to write an official policy endorsement.

Here's mine:

"I, Christopher K. Travis, do hereby give my full endorsement to the U.S. Design Policy Initiative and the Redesigning America's Future ten policy proposals.

Senators Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn represent me in the Senate; and Lloyd Doggett represents me in the U. S. House of Representatives.

In particular, I support efforts to focus on "human needs" in design relating to the built environment. As the Managing Partner in an architecture firm that in part works with low-income housing, I am very aware of the profound impact "human centered" design has on the health and wellbeing of real people.

Design is central - not secondary - to creating an 'America that works for everyone.'"

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments: